1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I attended presentations, took part in a business exercise, researched industry sectors, and shadowed trainee solicitors in the construction, corporate, projects and property departments.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I developed my interpersonal skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme was really enjoyable - it would great to see the inside of a City law firm and observe what the trainee solicitors do on a day-to-day business. I particularly enjoyed the business exercise.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
It seemed like Pinsent Masons had put in a lot of effort for the work experience students. The week was well organised and structured.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised and structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The trainee solicitors were always available if I had any questions.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The location of Pinsent Masons was great - right in the heart of the City.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
I would recommend anyone interested in a career as a solicitor to apply for the Pinsent Masons work experience programme because you can get an idea of whether commercial law suits you, and whether a big firm like Pinsent Masons suits you.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Research the firm to get to know its practice areas and strengths.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!