1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Business Support Manager - Admin work, printing papers, booking meetings, taking notes of meeting - I spoke to all levels of staff from peers to directors - I worked closely with Non-Executive Board Members
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my communication skills and have improved my confidence when talking to higher grades.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the team and social side of the work. I also enjoyed working with a variety of different people.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
I have received internal and external recognition and have been promoted.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The induction was good. Capita were very slow however at making apprentices and managers aware of what was expected of them. I had regular meetings with my assessor. I would say that there is an expectation of apprentices to complete assignments within 28 days but this is not expected of assessors to mark in the same timeframe.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received adequate assistance from both assessors.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer was very supportive, allowing me a day off every fortnight to focus on my studies.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well. I was earning more than double what I would have earned outside of London.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The civil service has a wide range of opportunities outside of the office ranging from sports to social events.
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
I already have. The pay for a person of my age is excellent and the culture is very positive for development as a person.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
Read the competency framework. Do not stress about any interviews, they are trying to get the best from you not trip you up.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!