Budget Management Accounting Specialist at P&G

2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Degree Apprenticeship
March 2017

P&G offered me a 5 year finance and accounting apprenticeship scheme from leaving school. The requirement was 240 UCAS points in 2010 and comprised of L2 AAT, L3 AAT, L4 AAT and an Accounting and Controls BA Hons

I have leart lots of new skills in my scheme with P&G. We rotated between finance roles every 12 months as we progressed through the scheme which allowed me to build both accounting knowledge and skills, alongside project management skills.

I have really enjoyed my scheme and it was favourable to know there was a guarenteed role at the end of the scheme.

4. How valued do you feel by P&G?

Very valued. Currently 10% of the site are apprentices or graduated apprentices and are often given more opportunity to progress than other intakes.

The program was well organised and structured. We were the 4th intake and every year the scheme was improved based on the learnings from the intake before.

Lots! We have specialist contact at both Kaplam amd Northumbria uni who we could go to with additional questions or concerns. Aswell all of the tutors were available to call or email with great response times.

We receive lots of support. We have lots of study days. Each years role contains reduced responsibilities starting at 70% FTE and increasing up to 100% at year 4. In terms of management support we had a day to day manager, 2 apprentice scheme managers, a cohort manager, a POC for Uni and a POC for AAT.

Salary is industry average for a service centre which isnt industry average for an accountant but the overall package including pensions and benefits makes up for it. We were salary sacraficed for 3 years to cover the cost of our degree rather than pay the reduced cost of the degree back to P&G

Opportunities for what? Its not clear what your asking about here. I could take my qualifications else where if thats what you mean...

9a. Would you recommend P&G to a friend? *

Because its a great place to work and we are valued as people. I also get to travel lots with my role so its nice to be able to work in other cultures

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to P&G? *

Be open and honest in your application because they use this information in later stages of the application. Dress formally for your interview and attend the open evenings as they give you lots of tips. You also get to meet others on the scheme.