1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
It wasn't just a shadowing programme for work experience. We were able to do some of the tasks the training solicitor does. For example, on the first day I was thrown in at the deep end and was on a video call with a client. A couple of other young people on the course has to go to court. It was a good week.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed organisation and looked into the skills that are needed in the law profession.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
No to an extent. We weren't really told what we did well and how we could improve.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was well organised in terms of what we did and when we did it each day. We were given a large timetable for the week and we stuck to this. The mornings had a lecture type, then we had our time with our mentor in the afternoon. We had 4 different mentors in different departments.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Our mentors were always willing to help and helped us if we got stuck on problems.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
No salary for the work experience programme.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
No, not directly during the week. However, we were told about the gap year programme that we can apply for the following summer.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Brilliant to gain an insight into commercial law.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Add lots of examples into the work experience application form, They love examples of how you have demonstrated a skill.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!