Work Experience student. at Pinsent Masons

Yorkshire & The Humber
March 2014

Connect with Pinsent Masons

It wasn't just a shadowing programme for work experience. We were able to do some of the tasks the training solicitor does. For example, on the first day I was thrown in at the deep end and was on a video call with a client. A couple of other young people on the course has to go to court. It was a good week.

I have developed organisation and looked into the skills that are needed in the law profession.

Very much.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

No to an extent. We weren't really told what we did well and how we could improve.

It was well organised in terms of what we did and when we did it each day. We were given a large timetable for the week and we stuck to this. The mornings had a lecture type, then we had our time with our mentor in the afternoon. We had 4 different mentors in different departments.

N/A.

Our mentors were always willing to help and helped us if we got stuck on problems.

No salary for the work experience programme.

No, not directly during the week. However, we were told about the gap year programme that we can apply for the following summer.

9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

Brilliant to gain an insight into commercial law.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

Add lots of examples into the work experience application form, They love examples of how you have demonstrated a skill.