Operations at Schroders

School Leaver Programme
March 2017

8.4/10

My Job title is Operations Onboarding Trainee. I have to make sure broker and custodian data is inputted into our systems correctly. I have to make sure new accounts and closures are carried out in a timely manner. I have daily responsibilities, such as extracting data from our systems, and also monthly responsibilities which involves gathering data together and presenting it in a spreadsheet. I have completed a project for the 2020 scheme, which has involved two presentations and also contacting 50 different schools and making them aware of Schroders and it's schemes.

I am studying for an exam in May. I have learnt how to carry out tasks in a timely manner, how to multi-task, how to interact professionally externally and internally.

I love my team and my company, there's a great support network and a lot of guidance. The course is very structured which I love.

4. How valued do you feel by Schroders?

It's difficult to say as I haven't had a line manager for a while.

Very well structured - a lot of training courses were provided at the beginning. And now we have more responsibility in our roles, we have fewer training courses than before - but it works well as we now have more responsibility at work and are revising for the CFA foundations exam

A lot of support

a lot

Compared to other traineeships I am pleased. However, I do feel it isn't enough

a lot, I have been so pleased with the external activities Schroders offers.

9a. Would you recommend Schroders to a friend? *

It's a fantastic company to work for

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Schroders? *

Research as much as you can about Schroders and the industry before your interview