1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Daily seminars on different aspects of both being a solicitor, areas of the law and also how to choose the career path. We then shadowed trainee solicitors in a variety of areas of law that we had previously chosen, where we wrote cover letters, did research and learnt what life as a trainee solicitor would be like.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed research skills and learnt foundations of small things that a trainee solictor must do each day such as write letters, answer calls and helping qualified solicitors.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed the programme and think it was set out perfectly: The first day included a business exercise and we were able to choose which areas of law we experienced. The trainees were all really friendly and helped me make my decision to study law.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Although it was only a week long placement, it was nice to know that the cover letters I wrote would really be sent off and the research done would be used in real cases.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We had daily seminars, planned activities and specific areas to visit.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The trainee solicitors were approachable and always happy to help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It taught me a great deal.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
To get your application in early to ensure a place in your preferred week. Also, it's not necessary to be looking to do law at uni, but just to have an interest in entering the legal profession.