Trainee quantity surveyor at Morgan Sindall

Scotland
Traineeship
March 2017

In my role as a trainee quantity surveyor I generally manage our subcontractor's financial performance through payment and reporting to line managers. I am currently settling final accounts with subcontractors for a large construction project. I am also involved with the procurement of subcontractors at the pre tender stage for a school project. recently I was involved with an ongoing adjudication.

I have learnt a lot about managing people and works packages, this is catalysed by numerous internal training courses that are preparing me to take on a full role when my traineeship is completed.

I thoroughly enjoy my role I am able to meet loads of new people ever day with a wealth of knowledge in different skill sets. a lot of my work involves working together as a team to achieve a common goal, this factor had exceeded my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by Morgan Sindall?

due to a consistent work flow and a growing responsibility in my role along side the involvement in many internal schemas such as community benefits and the next generation board I feel extremely valued.

My programme is both structured and consistent my contract and induction clearly show my roles and responsibilities and receive a great level of support due to being constantly surrounded by senior management who are always diligent and keen to help with any query's I may have

My training coordinator assists me greatly on a day to day basis, any query's or requests for training I have are processed swiftly and requesting training could not be made easier.

I have what I belive to be a rewarding salary along with benefits such as a car allowance, travel costs, pension scheme and optional health care.

there all always opportunities to attend external events such as a trainee development Couse I attend every 4 months in Rugby, seminars and contractor and subcontractors meet and greets

9. Would you recommend Morgan Sindall to a friend?

overall great comoany to work for, rewarding, great workload, great responsibility and great people

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Morgan Sindall?

be yourself