1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a technicians engineer in the temporary works department, this role includes receiving briefs from site all over the UK and providing solutions
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skill since being on this programme from dealing with pressure diagrams to setting up a total station in order to mark out points.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I greatly enjoy this school and college leavers programme they provide modules that help to improve yourself within the work place to become the best person you can be, with things such as time management and managing your workload.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel very valued with Laing O'Rourke, I have taken part in may activities to help with the program such as helping with recruiting some new school and college leavers and helping with creating a professionalism guide that new school and college leavers can use
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I find the program to be very structured and organize you are given set modules that you are made aware of well in advance to allow your manager to know of your absence
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I find the training team to be very helpful and responsive. they are always contactable.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I find my employer to be very supportive with the modules and give me information gained from previous experiences
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I have found the salary to be very reasonable for the level I am currently at. The package you are given is very flexible
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many opportunities outside of work I have taken apart of many company events and activities they have provided
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
They are a great company to work for they look after there members of staff well and give you a good push to starting your career in the construction industry
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
The advice I would give would be to do your research and always be yourself
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!