Consultant at Deloitte

School Leaver Programme
15th February 2017

8.8/10

I'm a consultant within the Risk Analytics team at Deloitte. This involves a wide range of things from consulting with clients about their data and designing solution requirements to building applications through visualisation software and using many different programming languages.

I'm currently studying for CIMA and have been put through lots of training on different programmes such as Tableau, QlikView, R, SQL, VBA etc. I had no prior knowledge of these things and didn't really know they existed until I went on training!

I enjoy the diversity of my job and everyone I've met is super friendly and nice.

4. How valued do you feel by Deloitte?

I feel my inputs are valued and I didn't realise how involved I'd be on client site and inputting my ideas to key stakeholders.

The induction and training was extremely well organised and I learnt a lot. It has been made very clear to me on just how to progress through the firm and we have a number of support networks in place.

I received lots of support when training these were from external providers but Deloitte was there aswell.

Everyone's super happy to help and you're able to talk to anyone with any problems.

Living costs in London are quite high but my salary covers everything: rent, tube, lunch, going out etc. You have to be sensible but it's easily manageable!

There are a lot of socials going on - there's always an opportunity for free drinks! During training I even had two different 'ball' events and likewise the Christmas party was a black-tie event. There are some other activities like a cricket club but not tonnes

9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend? *

Because I've enjoyed it

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte? *

When applying be yourself - in the interview they just want to know what you're like and whether they can put you in front of a client.