1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Quantity Surveyor -Dealing with Subcontractor queries, changes, issues, payments. - Issuing Client/ Site Instructions. - Communicating with site teams, engineers. - Checking Subcontractor Insurance are up to date - Assessing Subcontractors application for payments period by period.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- Cultural Behavioural Awareness
- cscs card
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do really enjoy my programme, as it stands. I have been placed in a welcoming team that values what I do within the team.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
Yes,Costain do valued their apprentices' however, they still seem to be more focused on their graduates.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I would like to attend more than one workshop a month for the schooling part of my course, if that is possible as I personally would benefit from it more to ensure I was on the correct pathway to getting high grades.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive enough support from my Line Manager and Senior leads. They are constantly asking about my studies as well as my work load, We hold weekly meetings within my team to discuss any issues any member of the team has.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My Employer also provide a good support, they are quick in responding to any queries. Always happy to assist.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It meets my costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, there are many opportunities outside of work, which I participated in.
9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They are an extremely supportive and morally driven company who consistently provide well delivered projects around the UK. The Apprenticeship covers a wide range of roles within the Industry.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *
Be yourself and show how passionate you are about wanting to be a part of a company that wants to make a difference.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!