Technical engineering apprentice at Siemens

Lincoln

8.0/10

My role as a technical apprentice can vary dependant on which area I currently work. Right now I am a member of the quality team, so my day to day role is to check components either by hand or using equipment such as CMM. I ensure these parts are drawing and free of any damage.

I feel I have gained many new skills as well as a vast array of knowledge, I know and am able to do things I was never to do before.

I enjoy this very much, I have made some great friends and I enjoy the work I do.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

they try to provide as many opportunities as possible and this is great as at my age not that many normally come along.

All my placements are planned out in advance, and from day one we know what we have to do complete the NVQ.

When ever I ask for help I receive it. They are very encouraging and supportive as well.

They aim to meet all needs, however some aspects they cant provide which is fully understandable on our part, but overall they support us well.

We get a very good salary and its able to cover all of my bills at my age and allows me to save up some good money at the same time.

every now and then a Siemens event comes up, however ive never taken part myself. Siemens main works is located in Lincoln city centre and so they're many things to do nearby.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

Because its a great opportunity to continue your education yet get real work experience at he same time.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Make yourself stand out from the crowd, don't be afraid to be bold and state what you want. Have self confidence and believe in yourself.