Technology Apprentice at Fidelity International

Connect with Fidelity International

8.4/10

My day-to-day role involves using business data to test in order to make our processes and applications more efficient. I am responsible for multiple tests which requires me interacting with other people involved.

I have learnt a lot of new skills since joining Fidelity, including key skills and behaviour in the workplace and more technical aspects such as SQL and UNIX. I have been on training courses for Charles river and finance based courses also, helping me to get a ground knowledge of certain aspects.

I am very well suited in my team and feel as though I have a lot of support from work colleagues. This has helped me progress a lot and will continue to do so as I meet more people.

4. How valued do you feel by Fidelity International?

I feel valued because I am given responsibilities and work as a team. We also do social events which make me feel part of the team and valued.

My programme is now structured and planned for me to progress in the best way I can. I have training courses set out for me to give me a ground knowledge of certain aspects and have support from my team constantly.

My training provider did not provide much support. QA apprenticeships did not help me to complete my qualification and I would not recommend them. I had a switch in tutor many times which mad eit hard for me to complete my work and keep up to date.

I receive a lot of support from my employer. I feel I have many options in who to approach depending on any situation, which gives me real confidence and makes me willing to learn and achieve.

Very well. Travel is paid for by my employer and outside of work my salary is very good so allows me to be social and attend events.

Yes there are. There are many options to choose from in what ever type of opportunity you are looking for and they are advertised on our internal page.

9a. Would you recommend Fidelity International to a friend? *

Because I feel as though the opportunity I have been given has allowed me to mature and adapt to a working environment, something University could not provide. On top of this I have gained skills in my department which I could take to another job and build my CV.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fidelity International? *

The on boarding process can be quite lengthy so be prepared and really put yourself out there because there are so many opportunities that could arise from it.