1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I'm training to become a rail engineering maintenance technician. First year is all about learning.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Some of the new skils ive learned are operating a centre lathe and milling
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It's nice to be learning new things. Training courses in NTAR are always good
4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?
I only been with a company for few months, but with all the CSR events and training courses I already feel like a part of a team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
First year is a full time college, which lets us build the basic mechanical and electrical knowledge before starting work. It's well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
College is good, targets are clear and support is available if needed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We can always call or email someone. Company laptop and providing any relevent books or materials.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Money is not great to start but I'm getting paid to learn which is nice.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Many volonteering events. As apprentices we are IET members.
9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Joining this global company will open doors on many opportunities and ways your career could progress in.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *
Application process can be long but stick with it because it is all worth it on the end.
More from SiemensMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!