Apprentice Wind Turbine Technician at Siemens

Newcastle Upon Tyne
2nd February 2017

6.6/10

The first year of the apprenticeship involved college based learning within tyne met college. It is studying for a level 3 btec qualification and covers a wide variety of engineering aspects.

We as a group have gained or expanded our knowledge of engineering as well as developing skills such as report writing and knowledge of legislations.

I like the programme and mostly enjoy day to day in college. Also the incentives are massive for the end of the apprenticeship and this really encourages you to aim high.

4. How valued do you feel by Siemens?

I definitely know that I am employed by Siemens and they are held in extremely high regard by the college, there are posters all over the place of Siemens work. However there could be more work done to keep us in the loop more. Particularly since the company has just been involved in a merger which has brought about a slight degree of uncertainty.

It is as well organised as it could be when a company of this size is going through a merger. All in all we know our path and it has not been affected too much.

If you need the help it is certainly there for you, they have a variety of support structures in place.

Again, if you need it, it is certainly there for you. I personally have not had any issues to far but I know if I did there would be support there.

It would if I didn't go out as much! The salary is good and has just increased. The incrmetal increases year on year are also generous so is a massive incentive.

Not so much within the company because we are at college. However there are opportunities within college if you wish.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend? *

Massive company and the variety and scale of work they undertake makes for a genuinely exciting career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens? *

Do not be put off by the size and intensity of the recruitment programme because when you get through it it is all worth it.