Trainee Account Manager at Aon

City of London
School Leaver Programme
2nd February 2017

8.8/10

I am training to be an account manager. This involves helping other account managers and brokers in my team by writing endorsements, slips and doing renewls.

I now have a more in depth knowlege of how to use programmes such as Excel and Word. Additionally to help towards my professional qualifications I have lessons every few weeks where is learn about insurance.

I get on with my team really well aswell as other people on the appreticeship programme. I am always busy and find what I do very interesting.

4. How valued do you feel by Aon?

I feel that my team trust me to input information onto our system accurately and that I am given new things to do regularly which contribute to the team.

So far the proggramme has been very structured. After 3 monthes I had a 3 month review with my manager to assess progress. Additionally we receive lessons to aid us with completely our CII which are very well organised.

I have seen my training provider occasionally, which is nice to talk about how I'm getting on. However I have not had a specific reason to talk to him, but if I had an issue I feel as though i could talk to him.

My manager sits near me everyday and is always happy to help or answer any questions I have. He always provides tasks to do and is clear at explaining them.

I live and work in london, therefore my travel costs are low. I think the salary is very fair and meets my needs in terms of daily and social costs.

My team are very social and do go out for lunch and drinks after work. Additionally Aon set up events for current and past apprentices to meet which wored well.

9a. Would you recommend Aon to a friend? *

Interesting and social place to work. Everyone is very freindly and happy to help. Adiitionally working in the city is fun and there is lots to do.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon? *

During the assessment day and any other interviews you attend stay relaxed and cheerful as Aon is very much a people company. Also be friendly to others applying as these may be the peopole you end up working with !