Research Electrical Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Warwick
Degree Apprenticeship

8.2/10

I am a research apprentice for JLR. I am currently doing my foundation degree, we are learning about different parts of engines; how they work and how they are made as well as the different materials used. We are in the workshop doing hands on stuff for half the week, which aides to our learning as we can see what we are learning.

I have learnt more manual skills which i would have otherwise. We learn how to be team players, be confident and be professional. once completed, we will all have a degree and other NVQs.

At times the apprenticeship is different to what I expected, I don't always feel as pushed as I thought. This will change once we finish the first year. All the staff have been great.

You know JLR want you to succeed and have a lot invested in you. You are a member of the company and that means a lot.

We were inducted well. At times seems disorganised however I don't believe this to be JlR at fault, there are restrictions the education provider and others that how to be conformed to.

We receive a lot of support from them whenever we need it. We have a tutor and other staff who all listen and take any feedback to wherever necessary.

JLR are very good at supporting us, any doubts or queries they answer and support as soon as possible.

The salary is far higher than most other places, especially for our age and experience. It is plenty to live off.

In your first year as an apprentice, the opportunities are limited as you are full time learning but there are many the years after. Community work is encouraged and groups from work regularly get together as well as other activities.

It is a great company to work for, there isn't another like it. It offers a lot for our age group and is a great opportunity.

Always be yourself and honest. Be prepared to work hard.