1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I'm an audit trainee and alongside this I complete my exams so that I can become qualified as an accountant. I go on away trips to clients where we audit their accounts.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a number of auditing skills since starting in September and have been able to work on my maths skills further.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy it. It is challenging but enjoyable and I'm really glad I decided to do it.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
Very valued. I am given work that everyone else is given and I am out in clients even though I am new in the job.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very organised I have a set structure for my exams.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot. I get revision material and training weeks so I am prepared for my exams.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot. I have a councelling manager who monitors my work and we have appraisals to review how I am doing.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I is good and it increases through the programme.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes we have a football team and go on team meals which is great.
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It has been a great decision and another option to uni
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *
Be yourself and be prepared for a challenge.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!