1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My job title is Trainee Construction Technician and on a day-to-day I interact with all different trades on site to ensure that there is coordination with all, therefore reducing the possibility of there being clashes between works.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have my first aid tickets and been on courses such as cultural development, ITP training and alcohol awareness. Also my man management skills have improved due to my interaction with operatives onsite and prioritising and focusing labour on works for the site.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme greatly, I enjoy the satisfaction of seeing a project through to the end, while embracing a camaraderie onsite with my team and the subcontractors.
4. How valued do you feel by Morgan Sindall?
I feel valued at Morgan Sindall as, although, I am still a trainee I feel as if my ideas are taken on board and considered by all instead of being dismissed straight away due to my lack of experience compared to others.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have meeting with my CITB training officer to ensure I am making the progress with my traineeship.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive any support which is requested by myself and also I am put forward for training courses which my employer deems necessary to my development.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary comfortably covers all costs, including travel.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We attend careers evenings at local schools and invite students to site so that they can get an insight to how the construction industry works and perhaps interest some in a career in the industry.
9. Would you recommend Morgan Sindall to a friend?
They are a great company to work for as they look after their workers really well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Morgan Sindall?
Be confident in your approach and be ready to learn.
More from Morgan SindallMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!