Controls and Standard Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Birmingham
Degree Apprenticeship

7.4/10

Currently I am still attending college. I attend college to do my workshops for example: pneumatics, milling, turning etc. I also do a Foundation Degree to.

I have learnt lots of new skills. I have completed many workshop modules in: Turning, Milling, Welding, PLC's, Electronics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Robotics.

I enjoy my programme, and enjoy the challenges that I face. The team I work in when in plant is very well-coming and they challenge me with different tasks for my development.

I think I am valued by Jaguar Land Rover. I get involved with different projects in plant which then gets acknowledged and reviewed by my manager. There is not much recognition in the college environment.

I think that the programme is organised in terms of the layout of the apprenticeship and the qualifications you have to complete. However I think that the organisation could be better within the college environment.

Due to being split between two training providers it is difficult to access support from tutors for the foundation degree. However, the training provider I do my workshops with put sessions on for me to speak to the lecturers there if I need any help.

When in plant the team is very supportive and will help with any problems I have. If I have any problems with college I have a training manager which I can speak to about the problem to which he will then try to solve or solve together.

My salary is very good and I am happy with it. It covers all of my costs and enables me to do things that I enjoy in my own time.

There are opportunities outside of work. You can do voluntary events for the local community. There is also a scheme for extra courses tht can further your development.

Jaguar Land Rover is a very good company to work for. The salary is good and they offer a large amount of training for you to do. When transitioning into plant they are very welcoming and offer any help that you need.

If applying to Jaguar Land Rover I would advise them that it is not an easy apprenticeship. You have to work hard to ensure that you keep up with the work you are given. However, this hard work is rewarded with a great salary and recognition.