Maintenance Technician at Jaguar Land Rover

Liverpool

9.0/10

I am a maintenance technician, on a day to day basis I work on fixing the machines in the factory that Make the cars, this includes; presses, robots and conveyors plus many more.

When I started the apprenticeship I had no experience of engineering so everything I now know is new to me. I have been trained in electrical, mechanical, robotics and controls work.

I really enjoy my apprenticeship, each day had something different for me to do.

I feel that Jaguar Land Rover notice how hard I work and the effort I put in. For example a group of us have been nominated for an award for women in engineering and this shows that Jaguar Land Rover values it's employees.

In the first 2 years it was not so well organised because we are a trailblazer year and there were a lot of disputes regarding qualifications however the 3rd year has been well organised.

I receive a lot of support and I feel that I can relay any issues to my training provider.

I feel that Jaguar Land Rover offer a lot of support to their employees. For example I am able to recieve additional PPE to help to prevent my eczema.

Very well, I receive a 10% pay rise every 6 months throughout my apprenticeship as well as a 42% shift allowance.

Yes, Jaguar Land Rover give each employee a £200 ELS (employee learning scheme) voucher to spend on educational or some recreational activities.

They offer excellent pay and learning opportunities to apprentices and support throughout.

Do as many extra curricular activities as possible, Jaguar Land Rover look for experiences alongside qualifications during the application process and look for times that you have, for example, been a leader or worked in a team.