Account Handler at Aon

South East
January 2017

I work in the Aviation Team as an Account Handler. I am responsible for servicing my accounts/new enquires, producing slips and communicating with clients and underwriters.

I am currently studying for my CII qualification. I hope to continue learning after the exam for DIP CII and ACII. I have learnt a lot about my line of business since joining back in October 2016 such as the process of placing a risk and a break down of a slip.

I really enjoy the work I'm given and the people I work with. Aon are a really enjoyable company to work for as well becasue they understand I studying for my exam and allow training courses and study days.

4. How valued do you feel by Aon?

I feel valued by my manager and team greatly and always feel that good work is recognised.

I feel that my programme is structured and well thought through as I have received organsid study days and training courses months in advance as well as frequent assessments.

I receive a lot of support from my trainer. We have scheduled training days every 3-4 weeks and in those we have detailed training sessions.

I receive a lot of support from my employer and my work team. If I have any questions to ask, I can comfortably ask them without any problems.

My wage easily covers the cost of transport and daily costs.

I have been invited out to many company and client events which I feel have been beneficial to my role/apprenticeship.

9. Would you recommend Aon to a friend?

Aon is a great place to work which offers a great career path for my future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon?

Research Aon as a company and contribute during assessment days.