Mechatronics maintenance engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Birmingham

8.4/10

Maintenance on the underbody production lines for XF and XE. This involves replacing damaged panels at the discretion of production, repairing of faults anf generally running the line.

I have learnt how to use the HMIs which show up faults and control certain functions within the cell, and basic robot programming

I enjoy the programme the college and ITMs are helpful and plant change what I'm doing frequently so I get a good overview of the role.

Very valued as they try to ensure I get a good overview of the role as a whole

Generally the organisation is good with moving between plant and college. But communication isn't always great and on a couple of occasions we haven't known where to be, and the supervisors in plant haven't always known when were in.

It depends on what we are doing in the college. Most sections/lessons the support is good but others not so much

A lot, they are quick to help with/sort out any issues we have with the apprenticeship

Very well in deed, though I will never turn down more money. Also it would nice if EEF would provide a kettle so we don't have to spend extortionate amounts on coffee and tea.

I am sure there are but I'm not sure what this question is referring to.

Good standard of training, and good pay

Don't stress