1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Maintenance on the underbody production lines for XF and XE. This involves replacing damaged panels at the discretion of production, repairing of faults anf generally running the line.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to use the HMIs which show up faults and control certain functions within the cell, and basic robot programming
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme the college and ITMs are helpful and plant change what I'm doing frequently so I get a good overview of the role.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
Very valued as they try to ensure I get a good overview of the role as a whole
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Generally the organisation is good with moving between plant and college. But communication isn't always great and on a couple of occasions we haven't known where to be, and the supervisors in plant haven't always known when were in.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
It depends on what we are doing in the college. Most sections/lessons the support is good but others not so much
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, they are quick to help with/sort out any issues we have with the apprenticeship
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well in deed, though I will never turn down more money. Also it would nice if EEF would provide a kettle so we don't have to spend extortionate amounts on coffee and tea.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I am sure there are but I'm not sure what this question is referring to.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good standard of training, and good pay
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!