1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Prototype Development technician. Work on all parts of the car. Create brackets, do welding jobs, work on lathe. 4 days at work 1 day at college.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Coming straight from school I had no existing skills so I have learnt a great deal. Everything I have done so far has been new to me and I feel it is going well.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Wouldn't change anything about my job role. Working at plant is great. College everyday as a first year was good however this year it is not so.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
JLR say their most valuable asset is their people and I feel this is true.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We have an apprenticeship structure in our department where we go round various parts of the business to develop our skills. This is well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We receive a fairly good amount of support from the college however sometimes we get some poorer training from certain lecturers and not much gets done.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We have ITM's and a training manager in our department who puts through his own courses.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well. As a 17 year old living at home I don't have many costs so I'm able to save the majority of my wage.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are social events outside of the work hosted by fellow apprentices and the apprentice and graduate forum.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good wage, stable job when qualified, paid to learn, enjoyable and relaxed job, and you get the opportunity to do a sponsored degree afterwards.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Read their values, show a passion for engineering and accept a challenge.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!