Prototype development technician (Apprentice) at Jaguar Land Rover

Gaydon/ Warwick
£258 weekly
26th January 2017

8.3/10

Prototype Development technician. Work on all parts of the car. Create brackets, do welding jobs, work on lathe. 4 days at work 1 day at college.

Coming straight from school I had no existing skills so I have learnt a great deal. Everything I have done so far has been new to me and I feel it is going well.

Wouldn't change anything about my job role. Working at plant is great. College everyday as a first year was good however this year it is not so.

JLR say their most valuable asset is their people and I feel this is true.

We have an apprenticeship structure in our department where we go round various parts of the business to develop our skills. This is well organised.

We receive a fairly good amount of support from the college however sometimes we get some poorer training from certain lecturers and not much gets done.

We have ITM's and a training manager in our department who puts through his own courses.

Very well. As a 17 year old living at home I don't have many costs so I'm able to save the majority of my wage.

There are social events outside of the work hosted by fellow apprentices and the apprentice and graduate forum.

Good wage, stable job when qualified, paid to learn, enjoyable and relaxed job, and you get the opportunity to do a sponsored degree afterwards.

Read their values, show a passion for engineering and accept a challenge.