1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Control Engineer I assist the maintenance team in the body shop to deal with high level technical issues with robots, PLCs and automated equipment. I also make facility improvements to make the body shop more efficient, faster or safer.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Programming - PLC, robot, software Fault finding Electronics / electrical
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the responsibility and camaraderie in my day to day role.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I feel very valued in my role; I feel I have made a real contribution to the running of the shop and can deal with most issues by myself.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
As we are the first year through this programme, I feel it is unfair to comment too harshly but the organisation does leave something to be desired.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Very little since changing from Warwickshire College to EDF, despite promises to the contrary.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I need.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well indeed
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Probably. I have a life outside of work though.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It's a great company to work for.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!