1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am training to be a mechatronics engineer. At the moment in my first year of the apprenticeship day to day I have to do 3 and a half days practical work and one day theory.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes loads of new skills in both practical and theory work.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is enjoyable as everybody in my class gets on well and everybody I've met on site has been very welcoming.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
The company put in a lot of effort at the induction of the apprenticeship to teach us all what the company is about.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The first few weeks at college lacked organisation, however, since then it has been more organised and informative.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
It is very fast paced due to the timetable given but lecturers encourage you succeed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There hasn't been much contact between students and the employer since the induction, however I'm sure as the apprenticeship goes on and we are in site more this will change.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It is liveable, being an older apprentice makes living costs higher which is difficult, however the employer does increase salaries every 6 months for those achieving.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a lot of opportunities to meet others who are thinking about going into engineering and advising them on your experience.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They are a well known company with good morals and put in a lot of effort to welcome you onto the apprenticeship.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Be organised from the start and enjoy your time learning, work hard to achieve your goal.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!