Mechatronics Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Birmingham

7.0/10

I am training to be a mechatronics engineer. At the moment in my first year of the apprenticeship day to day I have to do 3 and a half days practical work and one day theory.

Yes loads of new skills in both practical and theory work.

The programme is enjoyable as everybody in my class gets on well and everybody I've met on site has been very welcoming.

The company put in a lot of effort at the induction of the apprenticeship to teach us all what the company is about.

The first few weeks at college lacked organisation, however, since then it has been more organised and informative.

It is very fast paced due to the timetable given but lecturers encourage you succeed.

There hasn't been much contact between students and the employer since the induction, however I'm sure as the apprenticeship goes on and we are in site more this will change.

It is liveable, being an older apprentice makes living costs higher which is difficult, however the employer does increase salaries every 6 months for those achieving.

There are a lot of opportunities to meet others who are thinking about going into engineering and advising them on your experience.

They are a well known company with good morals and put in a lot of effort to welcome you onto the apprenticeship.

Be organised from the start and enjoy your time learning, work hard to achieve your goal.