Connected Car Integration Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Leamington Spa
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
25th January 2017

5.8/10

My role within my team, is that of a data analyst. I take information and use it to better understand how cars are being utilised.

Yes I have learnt how to code in python and C.

The programme itself fun but only when in plant doing meaningful work. The college and apprentice system itself is not enjoyable.

I feel valued by my team within work but not by the apprenticeship system.

The programme is poorly structured and organised, leaving most people in the dark about what they will being doing. The is no clearly seen escalation process as little gets done when problems are raised.

The people who struggle are not given enough support and are kept in classes of able students instead of being set properly.

My team are very supportive and allow me on go on training courses to learn new skills and have allowed me to settle on my own role within the team which I feel I can do well in.

The salary is very competitive and is more then enough to meet my costs it has set me up with saving for the future.

The area around where I live to get to work has lots of activities, I have started several new sports since starting the apprenticeship and have done a couple of company events as well.

Its a good salaried job that allows you to prepare for the future by learning while doing a meaningful job.

Once you enter plant this apprenticeship becomes more then worth while, learning lots of new skills whist also feeling like you're doing something meaningful.