1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role within my team, is that of a data analyst. I take information and use it to better understand how cars are being utilised.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learnt how to code in python and C.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme itself fun but only when in plant doing meaningful work. The college and apprentice system itself is not enjoyable.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I feel valued by my team within work but not by the apprenticeship system.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is poorly structured and organised, leaving most people in the dark about what they will being doing. The is no clearly seen escalation process as little gets done when problems are raised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The people who struggle are not given enough support and are kept in classes of able students instead of being set properly.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My team are very supportive and allow me on go on training courses to learn new skills and have allowed me to settle on my own role within the team which I feel I can do well in.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is very competitive and is more then enough to meet my costs it has set me up with saving for the future.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The area around where I live to get to work has lots of activities, I have started several new sports since starting the apprenticeship and have done a couple of company events as well.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Its a good salaried job that allows you to prepare for the future by learning while doing a meaningful job.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Once you enter plant this apprenticeship becomes more then worth while, learning lots of new skills whist also feeling like you're doing something meaningful.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!