DA Assistant at Hiscox

Fenchurch Street
20th January 2017

8.6/10

I am an assistant DA supervisor across Marine and Property divisions. I complete financial crime assessments, conduct risk assessments and generally oversee the binder process across the two divisions. I chase up on outstanding tasks such as compliance requirements etc. I interact daily with both underwriters and brokers.

I have developed great computer skills - such as excel, openbox etc. I have been on debate training, done presentations and plan on going on many more courses.

I really enjoy working on this programme, it has exceeded my expectations. I enjoy DA greatly as I find it extremely interesting.

4. How valued do you feel by Hiscox?

people constantly try to help you out and are constantly there if you need support. The PDR system is excellent, as are the opportunities and support network - which makes me feel valued.

The apprenticeship is well organised, but it is hard to balance portfolios / day to day job and studying towards my exams. As it is the first year, the structure is still being developed.

Training providers come in for an hour and a half each month for catch ups and are constantly on the other end of an email / the phone.

My manager is greatly supportive and we have weekly meetings to discuss problems / issues. I also have been assigned a mentor - which is a really good process.

Travel is expensive as I have to go through all six zones on the underground, and London is an expensive location for food / social events etc. However, for an apprenticeship the salary is excellent!

loads of presentation opportunities and many great courses that the company encourage you to go on.

9a. Would you recommend Hiscox to a friend? *

I have really enjoyed my apprenticeship so far and feel as though I have learnt so much already in the 4 months I have been here!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hiscox? *

To be confident during the interview process and build knowledge of the company and their operations before hand.