Apprentice sales assistant at Savers

Scunthorpe
20th January 2017

Connect with Savers

9.0/10

At savers I am a sales advisor. My job roles include serving people at the time, filling up shelves from either the stock room or the draws.

I have learnt how to use the different technology at the store, including the tills, HHT. I have learnt how to communicate to each different customer, the type of language I must use and the way I must speak to them.

I am happy with that fact that I am able to learn whilst I am also earning money, and I am happen with the pay I am now receiving. I have happy that I get along with the team what I work with and if I had a problem I know I could speak to any of my co-workers and they would help wherever they could.

4. How valued do you feel by Savers?

I feel very valued by Saver. I am pleased with the value I do receive if I offer to help out or if I am asked to help out, for example if I do an extra shift, then I always receive appreciation from my manager. Other people in the company, for example the area manager, know how I am getting along so that makes me feel valued, like I part of the whole team.

My programme is well organised, I always know what I am doing each month, my work is easy to find and set out in the most easiest way for me to do. I know that training I need to have done or need to do on the shop floor before my assessor comes back in.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider, she always tells me what I need to do before she's visits next times. If I get stuck on some work before she comes back to visit me, I have contact with her through my mobile phone and email so I can message her and know I will get an answers whenever I need her. She is always happy to help and I feel a lot of support from when she comes in to help.

I believe I receive a lot of support from my employer, the manager of savers is always happen to help me whenever and wherever I need her. Whenever I have a problem I know that I can speak to her and feel like she will help me and sort the problem that I am having. I also feel like I receive a lot of support from the rest of my team always including my colleagues and the team outside of my work place too.

I think that my salary meets my cost very well. I can get everything I need to have and then sometimes treat myself as well.

There is the opportunities to meet apprentices from other companies. There are always opportunities to more to a different company if needed to.

9a. Would you recommend Savers to a friend? *

I would recommend them to both shop and work in savers. I believe this because the company is a very good and the people that work there are very nice and extremely supportive whenever needed.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savers? *

The tips and advice I would give to a others are that the applications need to be done slowing and thought about a lot to make sure that everything is done correctly. I believe that experience is not a major thing while working at savers because they are very good and can help you whenever you need them.