1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As apprentices we are going through a 'bootcamp' where we learn all 3 parts to development. However we may be given real tasks throughout this.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Skills in java, angular, mongodb and spring have developed through bootcamp.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is challenging but everyone is extremely helpful and friendly.
4. How valued do you feel by CGI?
I feel well represented.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The bootcamp is somewhat in a test phase but it works very well to establish core development skills.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Help can be found very easily and quickly.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We are supported well, training is well provided and exterior QA training is also extremely helpful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Somewhat well. Commuting from west lothian by train can prove expensive at times.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, CGI provide a lot of optional courses and the social aspect of ODSC is very good.
9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
CGI provide a lot of opportunity.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *
If you put in a good effort you will see results.
More from CGIMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from CGI
Your usual working day I spend my days helping with system testing, Resourcing, Analysis and managing the eCounting eportal. What you enjoy...