1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Database Administration - Looking after Daimlers servers and release management work. ALso involved in several other projects as a DBA.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Linux, oracle database, Unix and SQL server/
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the people I work with and the role that I do. I always feel supported and comfortable in the workplace.
4. How valued do you feel by CGI?
In a large company you do sometimes feel like one number in a list but on a more personal level with managers and mentors you always feel like youre role matters and that you are a valued member of the team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
CGI are faultless with my programme the only faults have come from the 3rd party training company.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Monthly reviews from a tutor who comes to the workplace.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Constant support from all colleagues around me.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is enough to get buy but not easily with costs of rent, various taxes, bills and food. But I am sure this is the case for all apprentices especially as this is a fairly well payed role.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Lots of social opportunities outside of work through a social club.
9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Constant support and encouragement around you makes it a very comfortable place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *
Don't worry about lack of knowledge before the role, people are just as interested in your own experiences outside of the role you are applying for.
More from CGIMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from CGI
Your usual working day I spend my days helping with system testing, Resourcing, Analysis and managing the eCounting eportal. What you enjoy...