1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As an apprentice I sit in the Institutional RFP (Request for Proposal Team). Institutional investment management, the management of assets of pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth is something that M&G are widely regarded for; having won investment manager of the year at the 2015 European Pension Fund awards. A request for proposal (known as a request for proposition outside the financial world e.g Law) is the key sales orientated document that is produced when investment management companies enter into somewhat of a bidding process with potential investors. Due to the institutional nature of the investors that we deal with, the majority of funds that we produce RFP’s on are fixed income, which can be ‘cash flow matching’ to the liabilities that an insurance company, pension fund or government has to meet.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
A vary broad outlook on the industry - this company is full of people who want you to learn.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I dropped out of university to do this - it's great.
4. How valued do you feel by M&G Investments?
The support is tremendous.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very - especially when I compare to similar programmes.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I do not live at home.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend M&G Investments to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
All of the above.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G Investments? *
Act keen and prepare.
More from M&G InvestmentsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!