General Management Assistant at Pearson College London

Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
December 2016

Connect with Pearson College London

9.3/10

My job title is 'General Management Assitant' On a day-to-day basis, I have helped design an internal internet page for our department. As a consequence of this I have been asked to help with the page for the department about ours. I help with communications internally and externally with newsletters. I have helped with recruitment and organising interviews. I assist in organising and checking the licence agreements, and arranging the stakeholder meetings. I have also been set a research project regarding information advice and guidanc for studnets.

I have developed communication skills, written communication, and presentation skills. I have been training on Adobe Photoshop and I have learned how to develop a Neo page. I have improved my excel skills with coding.

My department is so welcoming and supportive. As Pearson is an education company, they support any learning that will encourage learning to improve your performance in your job.

The whole experience has exceeded my expectations as the company could have been more supportive in ensuring that work and my course at university complement one another.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Pearson College London

4. How valued do you feel by Pearson College London?

As the class sizes are small, as they just include students on degree programs. As a result, the tutors want you to succeed and are very open to students coming to ask questions.

My manager and my department are very supportive and appreciative of the work that I do, I have also received recognition for the work I have done for the licence agreement, and the work myself and my colleague have done on our Neo page.

I have been set my own research project which complements the work set at University, which I have had to manage and run myself.

Induction was useful and there were good team building projects so that all my classmates have been introduced to one another. The tutors are very supportive in completing any uni-related work. I have regular 1-2-1 meetings with my work mentor to monitor my progress at work. We also have catch-up sessions with our academic mentor. My team is very open and co-operative and we work cohesively as a team, and my manager delegates some of her tasks to me. Overall, as this is the first year this programme is running, the programme has felt relatively well organised.

The tutors are available via email during the week if there are any academic questions, and they usually make themselves available so that students. The tutors and work mentors are always open to helping with any issues any of the apprentices have and have been extremely supportive

My manager has weekly meetings with me to check-in to see how work and Univerisity are going. Our department is relatively self-sufficient so HR is my manager. Whenever I have any issues, there is always someone in my team who is willing to help and support me.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Pearson College London

The salary is the perfect amount, a large proportion of it goes onto my accommodation, and there is enough to socialise, but it can be a little tight at times, as I am living in London.

There are social company events and division socials to build team spirit. We also have an opportunity to take 3 days off to go volunteering. There are also a couple of societies through Pearson College such as netball.

9. Would you recommend Pearson College London to a friend?

Industry focused, student-centric.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pearson College London?

Be prepared for interviews and groups assessments.

There are also psychometric tests.