PR Apprentice at Prudential UK

Stirling
5th December 2016

9.6/10

I am a PR Apprentice for Prudential UK. My role includes managing internal processes, shadowing colleagues when dealing with journalist enquiries and organising and attending networking events. On a day-to-day basis, I attend meetings and liaise with other teams within the organisation to ensure the company have a coordinated approach to external communications.

During the course of my apprenticeship I have improved my communication skills and had the opportunity to network with external companies, including spending three days doing work experience with an external PR Agency.

I enjoy my role and the team that I work in are all very friendly and supportive. Prudential are good at investing in their employees and this shines through in their attitudes towards their work.

4. How valued do you feel by Prudential UK?

My line manager is very supportive and time is regularly set aside for me to achieve my business admin qualification. I am involved in a wide range of projects all of which are interesting and rewarding.

the programme is well planned out and includes a three day induction workshop at the start. Workshops are provided throughout the programme to help us develop presentation skills and interview techniques.

The training provider were slow to start off with however an assessor was eventually put in place who provides good support and is easy to contact if I have any questions.

I receive a large amount of support from my team and line manager, time is regularly set aside for me to work on personal goals I.e. my business admin qualification. I am supported by the company through provision of a buddy - a previous Apprentice who can offer me help from their own experience.

The salary is generous and since I am still living at home I am able to cover all my costs easily and have some money spare to start saving for a house/car etc.

As an apprentice we are regularly asked to attend school career fairs and do presentations to potential applicants for next years' scheme. We also complete a community day once per year - this involves a team day out to do good in the local community.

9a. Would you recommend Prudential UK to a friend? *

It is a good apprenticeship scheme with a generous salary, there are plenty of opportunities within the company for the right people. The scheme is a good alternative for those that are uncertain about further education i.e. university.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Prudential UK? *

do lots of research about Prudential before interviews, stay calm and relaxed as the selection process will benefit those that are themselves relaxed and friendly.