Work Experience Student at Boots

Dewsbury
Competitive

Connect with Boots

6.7/10

My daily tasks included stocking up shelves, helping the customers needs and supporting any other staff when needed. I was also re sorting the shelves when new stock arrived.

I obviously developed something that I am able to include in my CV and this internal working experience allowed me to gain confidence to speak to unknown people and develop communication skills.

I enjoyed the programme very well as it allowed me to develop team working skills and the team that was at the working place were very friendly and helpful and it met my expectations of being a very good company in supporting their staff.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Boots

4. How valued do you feel by Boots?

I gained lots of appreciation from the manager and was also gifted at the end of my work experience. I had also been internally recognised with the other employees in the store.

The programme was very organised as they gave me an induction the first day and taught me on what to do in a average day. They also showed me what ways I have to complete on a day to day basis

I had gain lots of support from my training provider as they were at ease of access and I was able to go to them whenever I was unsure of a job. They also guided me with any problems and had a very good attitude towards supporting me.

I had gain lots of support from my employer, as they were easily accessible I was able to go to them with any problems and then they would help me solve the problem and teach me how to overcome the problem in the future.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Boots

I had not been given any additional costs towards me for doing the programme however due to the store being fairly near to me the traveling cost were not so high.

At the time I was there, there was not many other opportunities outside the workplace, so when I was not working I was able to go and explore town as I was not able to attend any meetings or events

9a. Would you recommend Boots to a friend? *

As the company makes you feel very valued but also it is a very good way in gaining experience in a retail and pharmacy departments as you gain a variety of experience and skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Boots? *

Read through your application over and over again. Another thing would be to not stress as the application process may seem intense but if you put effort in it, it will pay off