Shadower at PwC

Bristol

Connect with PwC

8.9/10

I was shadowing people in areas of tax, consulting and audit and going to visit clients. The role was different every day, but I had to to some work on Microsoft Excel, write a blog and talk to people about their jobs.

I have improved my Excel skills and learnt more about presentations and the employability skills that are needed in business, for example body language. My knowledge of business has also increased.

It was really good fun. The buddies were really friendly and accomodating, the projects were really interesting, and there was lots of coffee available!

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

Since they paid for my travel expenses, it made me feel they really wanted me to be there. People put aside big chunks of their day for me so I felt very valued.

The programme was pretty structured, although to some extent it depended on the buddy who I was shadowing. It is definitely the most structured work experience I have done and there was almost always something for me to do.

My buddies left loads of time for me to ask any questions so I think I was very supported, I don't think they could have supported me more and they seemed very happy to do so.

Since my buddy supported me so well I didn't feel like I needed support from my employer so I didn't actually meet anyone else who supported me. However, the people who organised it were very organised and I wouldn't have hesitated to email them if there had been a problem.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

Most travel expenses were paid for and I was lucky to live close to the base office anyway. The salary is also very generous.

Yes, although being just here for a week I couldn't really do much but there seemed to be a range of regular socials, sports club and other activities to do within the office.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

It is the best scheme I have ever been on and I think I learnt a lot while having fun! It also gave me more insight into careers into accounting.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Make sure you know a bit about PwC and recent business news before applying. Practise for the psychometric tests and read all the emails they send you.