1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Being supervised by a trainee (different department each day) and doing tasks associated with that department e.g. company search reports in Banking, pension's ombudsman searches in Pensions etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
My research skills have definitely improved as well as being able to sift through large pieces of text for small details.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so, it was an excellent week.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Everyone was treated equally - the partners sit on the same group of desks as trainees and work experience students. However when rotating departments I was doing work someone else had done yesterday which wasn't going to be used anywhere.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised with a clear timetable for the whole week.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots of support as they're only a few desks away and are willing to help whenever necessary.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
They made sure we were kept busy and the days were all very structured.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It would look excellent on your CV/personal statement and would be a good way to gain an insight into how a larger law firm operates.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *
Take time over your application and consider you will have to be committed for a whole week.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!