1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was basically shadowing a trainee solicitor in the law firm. I experienced different departments on different days and my tasks involved drafting documents and doing research that a real solicitor would do.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my IT skills, communication skills, and networking skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
All of the people I met were very welcoming and on hand if I had any questions. The work environment was brilliant and I learnt a lot.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I was given tasks of high responsibility and received lots of praise for them.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We were given a clear timetable and the staff involved all knew exactly what was going on. It was very well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We were emailed often by the main organiser who were happy to support us.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We were emailed often and offered support through the company's trainees.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It wasn't paid however there was opportunity to have travel costs reversed.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I was invited to get involved in events that the staff were attending and there was a facebook group chat with other work experience students.
9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
it was a brilliant experience that I really enjoyed and it gave me a great insight into the career sector.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *
Don't worry about making mistakes in the tasks as they don't expect you to know everything. Go in with an open mind.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!