1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I completed work for both the Assurance and Tax service branches within PwC. These included bank recs, risk analytics, payroll processing etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Mainly I learnt about PwC as a business and how the different service branches operate and how this fits with the business as a whole. Additionally, I believe that my general business acumen improved over the week.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed my programme in the sense that it gave me excellent business experience that will give me a headstart in the professional world.
4. How valued do you feel by PwC?
I felt valued on the whole, however at many points I felt that the week was very disorganised. The receptionist in the Cardiff Office had no idea what the Business Insight Week was when I entered on Tuesday morning.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not very well organised to be quite honest. Many people I worked with had no idea that the Insight Week was happening. Sometimes there was not enough work for the entire day etc. But the effort from the buddies was exceptional.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Excellent company, excellent employer, however lacking slightly in organisation.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *
Make sure you know which offices offer which service branches - whilst I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Assurance and Tax, I applied to work in Consultancy and learnt that the Cardiff office does not even offer Consultancy.
More from PwCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from PwC
When did you join PwC? I joined PwC in August 2012, as a Higher Apprenticeship working in Tax. Outline your background and...