Shadow Buddy at PwC

Cardiff

Connect with PwC

4.8/10

I completed work for both the Assurance and Tax service branches within PwC. These included bank recs, risk analytics, payroll processing etc.

Mainly I learnt about PwC as a business and how the different service branches operate and how this fits with the business as a whole. Additionally, I believe that my general business acumen improved over the week.

I enjoyed my programme in the sense that it gave me excellent business experience that will give me a headstart in the professional world.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I felt valued on the whole, however at many points I felt that the week was very disorganised. The receptionist in the Cardiff Office had no idea what the Business Insight Week was when I entered on Tuesday morning.

Not very well organised to be quite honest. Many people I worked with had no idea that the Insight Week was happening. Sometimes there was not enough work for the entire day etc. But the effort from the buddies was exceptional.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

Excellent company, excellent employer, however lacking slightly in organisation.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Make sure you know which offices offer which service branches - whilst I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Assurance and Tax, I applied to work in Consultancy and learnt that the Cardiff office does not even offer Consultancy.