Work Experience at PwC

Crawley
14th August 2016

Connect with PwC

9.3/10

On the first day I had an induction where I learnt about PwC, met other people on the course and set up my laptop. The next three days were a mixture of being on client sites and in my base office. I was shadowing people, doing small pieces of work and meeting lots of people. On the final day I was on a group project with other people on the course.

Yes. I think that I have learnt better communication skills and learnt how people act in a business environment. I have built confidence and also developed employability skills.

I really enjoyed the programme. I learnt a lot and everyone I met was really friendly and helpful. It definitely exceeded my expectations. I am very glad I did it.

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I feel very valued, the programme was very well thought out and everyone I met was very nice and supported. I was allowed to get involved in projects they were working on.

The programme is very well organised and structured. I knew what I was doing before I started, with an induction, then days shadowing, then a final project day. During the shadowing days there was flexibility rather than a structured timetable which worked well because it meant I could choose what to do so I could get the most out of my time there.

I received a lot of support because although I didn't actually have any problems I knew that if I did I could contact them easily. I really enjoyed it.

I received a lot of support from my employer, although again I didn't actually need any, but I was always made aware of people I could contact or speak to if I had.

It is really good because usually I wouldn't expect to earn anything from a work experience so getting paid is just a bonus. I also had travel for three of the days covered as expenses.

Although I wasn't there long enough to experience any of the out-of work opportunities, I was there long enough to find out that there was many on offer.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

I had a really enjoyable week and I learnt a lot. I really like the sound of the type of work they do and during the week it felt to me like a very nice work environment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Make sure that you look on the website because there is a lot of support and advise there available to everyone. Also I would make sure you are prepared (eg doing any practise tests).