Apprentice Sales Assistant at Savers

Dover
19th July 2016

Connect with Savers

9.6/10

Serving customers on the till and assisting them around the store. Ensuring stock levels are maintained and replenished when necessary and keeping the store clean and tidy on a daily basis.

I have learnt skills within the workplace such as using tills and cashing up but I have also further developed my people skills as I'm dealing with a wide range of different people on a regular basis.

I have really enjoyed my programme at savers and would encourage anybody looking for experience in the retail to industry to do a programme with the company as overall it's an enjoyable experience

4. How valued do you feel by Savers?

Immediately after I started my programme I was made to feel like a valuable member of the team, I was included in all staff social events and was made to feel welcome by all staff within the store.

My programme is well structured and organised as I am given set times during the week (1hour per week) to complete my knowledge certificate. I have regular, scheduled visits with my assessor to asses my progress.

I receive lots of support from my training provider as I can always email with any queries I have and I can discuss any issues face to face during scheduled visits. I feel confident bringing up any issues I may have

I receive a lot of support from my employer wherever necessary. Management always take the time to explain things to me again if necessary and any questions I may have they are always available to answer them

My wages are able to meet my costs as currently I have minimal outgoing costs and I realise that once the programme is complete I will be earning a regular wage if not an enhanced wage if I get promoted

There are always opportunities to visit other stores and help out whenever necessary, there are also staff social events. All vacancies within the company as a whole are advertised to staff as they may fancy a change of store / position within the company.

9a. Would you recommend Savers to a friend? *

Savers is an enjoyable place to work and gives you a real insight into working in the retail industry. I was made to feel valued and welcome when I joined and this is very important when joining a new company or starting your first job from school.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savers? *

I would advise others applying to savers keep in mind you are working in a public environment dealing with all sorts of people on a daily basis so you must keep an open mind about that and also you must remember you'll be working in a time sensitive environment and working to deadlines every day.