Maintenance Technician at BMW Group

sutton coldfield
15th July 2016

Connect with BMW Group

9.0/10

I'm an apprentice training to become a maintenance technician. This means i work with lots of machinery and computers that help run the factory and fix them when something is wrong. Because of this i need a wide variety of skills and knowledge which have been supplied by both college and other associates at BMW. In terms of day to day work its mostly ensuring that machines dont break by cleaning them and replacing components at regular intervals but anything could happen throughout the day which is what i think makes my apprenticeship so interesting.

I've gained lots of key skills which i gained in my first year of college aswell as more specialised and higher level knowledge from my recent years of college and also working inside the factory.

In my opinion the programme is very enjoyable and i have learnt more than i thought i would already

4. How valued do you feel by BMW Group?

I feel BMW values there apprentices very highly due to the amount of time they invest in there apprentices and the large amount of help that is given to you if you need it.

The programme itself is very well organised in my opinion and the structure is perfect for the working enviroment i am in.

Support is offered constantly in your apprenticeship and your training provider is willing to help all the time.

Very well the pay and benefits are incredible at bmw and they also have schemes to help out with travel costs and also some discounts on shopping.

Lots there are often events outside of work that include visiting other plants, seeing other companies to gain an insight into what they do and also careers fairs that we get to host.

9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend? *

Because of the amazing opportunities is provides and the enjoyable work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group? *

Be yourself and show an interest in your job role as thats whats most important to bmw, that you are passionate about your job.