Corporate Assistant at Mazars LLP

Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
13th July 2016

Connect with Mazars LLP

7.6/10

I work in the IC Audit department so I go out an a variety of audits for clients in different industries. Day-to-day I do a lot of controls testing surround cash, purchase and stock.

I have learnt new technical skills regarding audit, however I have also improved on some transferable skills such as planning, revising, communicating - having a good work/study/social life balance is a good skill to have!

I really enjoy the audit programme, I've hard opportunity to be involved in other things at Mazars as well. For example, improving the audit training we receive in preparation for the new years intake. I have also been able to experience working in other departments.

4. How valued do you feel by Mazars LLP?

Mazars is a firm that values its graduates, I feel as though all my feedback and input into training etc. is listened to and received well.

The school leaver programme for audit is organised, however I am working with our Learning and Development team to further improve the programme for next year by setting up a Mentor Scheme

BPP is a good training provider, they provide us with all the material necessary to study and are happy to put us in contact with professors/study support online if we need it.

We receive audit specific technical training throughout our programme, and can ask for/organise additional exam support if we feel we need it.

My salary mostly covers all my costs/needs however there is not much opportunity to save with salary and as I live in London its slightly more expensive

Mazars organise many social opportunities which bring together both my own department and others. They also have lots of CSR opportunities for us to get involved with.

9a. Would you recommend Mazars LLP to a friend? *

They are a friendly, employee-focused company who are keen to improve their programme year-on-year and take on the feedback of their graduates.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mazars LLP? *

Be yourself, people can always tell when you're trying too hard. Make sure your application is detailed but not overloading with information - leave yourself some things to talk about in the interview.