1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a superdrug apprentice, so on a day to day basis I will help put delivery out for my section (cosmetics & skin care) making sure everything is tagged. Once delivery is finished I will check my gaps and fill my aisle. I also have time on the till and help customers regularly on the shop floor.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my social skills, as I have gain a lot more confidence. I have left new skills such as dealing with customers, working a till & how to be safe at work.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed doing this programme a lot, it was a completely different experience from school & college, everyday was different which made coming to work enjoyable.
4. How valued do you feel by Superdrug?
I feel like I am a part of the team & I have been made to feel very welcome at superdrug.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel my programme was very organised, I always had time to work on my folder and I could always ask for help off anybody.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a lot of support, Linda will always help me with questions that I was stuck on & always go through and explain the answers to me.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive help from my employer when I am stuck on a question in my work book or when I am not sure about something on the shop floor (my aisle). Jacqueline is always there to help me, whenever I need it.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well. As I pay no bills at the minute, the money I earn is just ,only for myself, I found the pay was okay for an apprentice.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We have discussed about moving on to maybe becoming a team leader & I have taken that into consideration to have a think about.
9. Would you recommend Superdrug to a friend?
I think it's a fantastic oppurtunity for anybody would is unsure about what they want to do after school/college. Everybody is really friendly & there is something for everybody to enjoy.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Superdrug?
I would say that it is quite a challenge, that there is more to the job than just serving on the till and putting delivery out. Also be prepared for full days, as it can be tiring sometimes.