1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I help to set up welding equipment, usually with a tradesman, I then prepare the weld, using grinders and other rotary tools, and then weld the job, and clean up afterwards.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to weld, developed my team-working skills and think for myself when working alone.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme as it is well paid and good work, we always have a task to complete.
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as I need.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as I require.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well, I have been able to move out and live with a flatmate, and support myself.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are some.
9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a good place to work and learn a trade, and the company helps you in anyway they can.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *
Try to complete a physical project to bring in to your interview, and learn about the business for the interview.
More from BAE SystemsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!