Apprentice Electrician at BAE Systems

Barrow
6th July 2016

8.8/10

I am a Apprentice Electrician and this involves many different things from helping fix machines to testing equipment, some of the jobs I have carried out are installing electrical equipment with the help of a tradesman, the things I have installed are junctions boxes, lights, sockets and I have also carried out PM's on machines around the site.

yes I have further developed my knowledge of electrics and it has gave me a big insight into the work I will be required to carry out once I have served my time as an apprentice.

I really enjoy my programme as it is something I am keen to learn about. it has helped me gain new friends and I believe it has benefited me as a person.

4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?

I feel valued by BAE Systems as they have invested in my future and I want to repay that by working here in the future and helping the company move forward.

The program is very well organised and it is to a structure which benefits me this has helped me through the program and made the program better for me.

I receive a lot of support my provider ensures I get help when or if necessary and they are always willing to do extra outside of there time to ensure I get a full understanding and if there are any problems that they are overcome.

My employer provides a lot of support for me if I require it however I haven't needed it so far however they have made it well aware that if I do require it to ask and it will be provided. They always solve any problem's or quires I have and will do there upmost to ensure I enjoy my program.

It is very good as it enables me to do what I want whether it be go on holiday or buy new things I want, I am never short of money and this was a major aspect of why I decided I wanted to join the company and go through this program.

Yes, there are many opportunities outside of work and BAE encourage me to take part in them.

9a. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend? *

It is a very friendly place and is very good for learning and developing knowledge, you also meet people new people and gain friends for life.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems? *

Ensure you are applying for something you enjoy as if you enjoy your trade it is a very good place to further your knowledge on it and develop your skills in that trade, also make sure you know a lot about the business and the background of the company for the interview.