1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Tax Trainee Completing tax returns and routing tax compliance work. Liaising with colleagues and clients to offer the best service and save clients the most tax possible.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned a lot about the world of tax, different ta bands and reliefs where money can be saved, or tax payments deferred. also skills such as presentation competency and being able to concisely relay important or sensitive information.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I like the team I work with, and the work is often varied so as to stay somewhat interesting.
4. How valued do you feel by Smith & Williamson?
I do feel valued even as a junior member of staff, as managers show their appreciation to you and make you feel as though your work is very important, which it is, but it's nice to hear.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I felt like the programme was well organised, but there could be a better communicative link between Kaplan tutors and managers in the regional offices, so as my manager knows what work I am meant to complete.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Smith & Williamson to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Smith & Williamson? *
More from Smith & WilliamsonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!