1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I spent two days in the Litigation department, one day in Projects and Finance, and two days in the Corporate department. I shadowed the work of young solicitors and trainee solicitors and carried out various tasks such as drafting memos, carrying out company searches and completing work experience assignments that staff had created for me.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained a greater understanding of the different departments that exist in a large commercial law firm. And I have had a brief insight into the day to day jobs that staff within the firm carry out.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoyed my experience as I felt it was very well organised and I was never left with nothing to do. The staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Very much so. Every member of staff greeted me and made me feel very welcome. Many trainees offered me practical advice for applying for a trainee contract next year following university.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was very well structured as I was able to experience several different departments and was given a timetable from the HR manager.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, there seem to many social activities outside of the workplace that take place throughout the year.
9a. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They provide practical experience for any student interested in a career in commercial law, and provide a friendly atmosphere along with that valuable experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons? *
Make sure to make a good impression on all members of staff, and don't be afraid to ask any questions as everyone is very willing to help.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!