1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice and my day starts with a safe check, doing a change run and opening the store. I help customers on the shop floor and serve them on the till. I then cash up.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot about team work, retail business and the day to day running of a store.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme because I learn a lot of skills.
4. How valued do you feel by Superdrug?
I feel somewhat valued
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well structured and organised but I think some of the questions in the workbook should be reworded.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive allot of support when needed by my tutor and staff.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive help from team times and questioning them."
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not very good. As an apprentice I understand that you cannot be offered full salary but once you have paid for bus fare, cost of work clothes and dinner when doing a full day, you are not left with a lot of money.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
As my apprenticeship is coming to an end, I have found that the experience has help me gain interviews for other retail stores.
9. Would you recommend Superdrug to a friend?
They are a good company. A friendly atmosphere.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Superdrug?
I'd advise them to work hard on the training and push for better opportunities.