Software Engineer at Capgemini

Cardiff
Sponsored Degree Programme

Connect with Capgemini

9.3/10

I work in an open, friendly office environment where the team are happy to help me learn the skills needed to complete my day to day tasks. My daily tasks include Scrum Meetings, MI Report and SQL Query generation and Rule Designing.

I have learned plenty of new skills when it come to SQL and MS Report Builder. I have also greatly improved my skills and knowledge of Java especially in terms of Rules, which I had no prior knowledge of.

I am enjoying working within a team that allows me to gain a great deal of experience and fuel my enthusiasm for learning new things.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

I feel greatly valued by Capgemini especially as they have given me the chance to get a University Degree when I otherwise did not.

The program could be improved. Communication between the University, apprenticeships team and myself have been satisfactory at best. However the job experience is extremely organized and communicated well.

I have received plenty of support from the training provider. Aston Uni are always on hand to answer any questions I may have although replies can be slow at times.

I have received more support from my employer than I expected before starting. With the majority of expenses paid for as well as a decent wage job and paid for degree you couldn't ask for more.

I never expected to be earning as much as I am at 19 years old. With flex benefits also being great deals the package can be easily upgraded to meet my needs.

There are plenty of opportunities to do external and internal training outside of work, paid for by the company.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

A great, well-built and organised company. great job security with a focus on friendly teams that will help you learn and get better at your job every step of the way.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Relax during the assessment centre. Just be yourself, not a corporate cardboard cutout or an over-enthusiastic technowizard. If you are yourself and you show an interest then Cap shows an interest in you.