Software Engineer/Data Analyst at Capgemini

Sponsored Degree Programme
28th June 2016

Connect with Capgemini

9.6/10

I currently work on Live Support as a Data Analyst. My role is to ensure that the Live Systems that my team are in charge of are up and running, as well as working correctly (e.g. producing correct results)

I've learnt many new skills such as VBA, UNIX and PL/SQL. I've developed my own existing Java and SQL skills while on the job.

I love learning new skills and my current role allows me to take on new challenges every week, which always makes sure that I'm not doing the same thing each day.

4. How valued do you feel by Capgemini?

I feel very valued by Capgemini, I feel like I'm part of a family more than just another cog in the wheel. Overall everything has been a lot more chilled out and relaxed than how I expected.

I'd say that the programme is pretty organized. Since the degree apprenticeship is with Aston Univesity, I usually contact them if there are any issues.

I get good support when I ask for it. The University was a bit shaky with support at the beginning but it's improved a lot since then.

The company GAP team has helped me a lot with any issues that I've had, whether with the course or just settling in to the company.

The salary is generous considering I'm an apprentice. I've got no complaints.

There's always extra activities I can do such as optional company project teams that I can join.

9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend? *

I'm happy being part of Capgemini and I've actually recommended it to a few friends already who are graduate programmers.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini? *

Just be yourself, it's okay if you don't have that many skills or don't have a background in I.T. obviously it helps, but if you show a willingness to learn and succeed, you'll do great!